Friday, May 1, 2015

I Think My Animals Rescued Me - To Teach Me About God's Love

by Lorilyn Roberts

I"ll always be by your side while you write the best books in the whole world.




I'm an animal lover. Always have been, probably always will be. Animals have taught me lessons I couldn't have learned otherwise. When I see animals, I see the hand of God.

Sometimes I laugh when I see strange creatures, whether on TV, the internet, in the wild, or in the oceans. I saw many weird ones when I scuba dived. At other times, I mourn when I see the heartless killing of them. I don't mean for food, I mean for game, for sport, for pride, for evil.

Lest I get too depressing, because that's not what this post is about, with the earthquake in Nepal and finishing my latest book, I am rather emotionally drained. Therefore, I decided to write this post for sheer enjoyment. I have pulled out photos of some of my pet animals, and yes, I have way too many. We have seven neurotic cats and one devoted dog.

All of them are rescued animals—from the streets, the Human Society, and unwanted. Actually, I think they rescued us. Yes, I would be much richer without their upkeep in heartworm medicine and food and vet bills, but how much poorer I would be without their love. 

Enjoy these snapshots. Laugh, cry, but mostly, remember God brings love to us through our pets. Every good thing comes from above, and yes, I do believe our cats and dogs and other critters will be in heaven. Does God not give us the desires of our heart? And my heart's desire is to see Gypsy, Gretchen, Shelley, Abby, Rex, Molly, Thomasina and Lewis (who have gone to their reward) as well as those still with us. How many blessings I would have missed without their licks, wags, kisses, purrs and—well, even their little messes. (As only a mother would understand:)




Yes, another dumb commercial.
Can I come in, too?
I'm so beautiful. Eat your heart out!
I'm in charge around here


I'm a cat on a hot Florida roof.


The best thing about Christmas is I get to play with the boxes.



Water always tates better from a toilet.


Help! I promise, I'll never do this again.
.

Thank you for fostering us for a future home:)

Peek-a-boo

I just love these blankets.




No comments:

Post a Comment