Tuesday, August 8, 2017

IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE OVERLY BLESSED?



Image result for god's blessings


What does it mean to be overtaken by blessings? To be overtaken in any situation is an indication that there is a race, or a competition going on. So to be overtaken by blessings is an indication that I am racing ‘Blessings’, and clearly, I am not the winner, ‘Blessings’ is the winner. I believe it means being so blessed that I don’t know what to do with it all; blessings ahead of me, behind me, beside me, above me, and underneath me.
Have you ever been overtaken by blessings? In a way, I think we all have, because we don’t really deserve any of the blessings we get as it is, but I believe, to be overtaken means, blessings above and beyond all that.

How possible is it to be overtaken by blessings? Do you believe God honors His promises? Then here is what He promised the Israelites, and Christians can claim it as well. “And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you” (Deuteronomy 28:2 NKJV). 

So how do we get blessings to overtake us? I should mention that this is one of the promises based on conditions. “If you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that ...” (Deuteronomy 28:1 NKJV).

What will it look like when you are overtaken by blessings? “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds …, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you” (Deuteronomy 28:3-8 NKJV).  

Here is a recap of this passage, as I understand it, “If you keep my commands, I will so overwhelm you with blessings that you will ask me to stop, and even then I won’t. I will bless you in all areas of your life, spiritual, physical, social, financial, at work, at home, at play, when you are awake, and even when you are asleep; just name the time, circumstance, and place, and my blessings will overtake you there.”  Signed: GOD!

The secret of being overtaken by blessings is obedience to God’s commands! The thought of being overtaken by blessings is overwhelming, and it really blows my mind! Let us learn to be obedient, whether He blesses or not, because He is the Potter, and we are the clay; we owe Him at least that much. But let us also remember that, all His promises are yes and amen in Christ Jesus (see 2 Corinthians 1:20), and so He will honor them! Our obedience means a lot more to Him than our sacrifices (see 1 Samuel 15:22).


No comments:

Post a Comment