Tuesday, May 29, 2018

YOU ARE A DEFENDANT IN A COURT CASE


Dear friend, you’ve been named in a lawsuit as the defendant. Your charges have been read, and without doubt, you’re guilty, and punishment is eminent! God is the plaintiff, but also the judge. The sooner you secure a lawyer to plead your case, the sooner you’ll be acquitted. By the way, there is only one lawyer, Jesus, (Advocate—see 1 John 2:1) who knows the judge, and also knows how to satisfy His demands regarding your guilt.

You’re probably wondering what the plaintiff could possibly have against you. Let me assure you; He has the same complaint against everyone-we’re all sinners! This is His complaint: “Everyone has sinned, we all fall short of God’s glorious standard” (Romans 3:23 NLT). You might ask, “How can that be?” The answer is quite simple: we all descended from the same sinful couple-Adam and Eve. The Bible says, “Adam’s one sin brings condemnation for everyone” (Romans 5:18 NLT). We inherited their sin-nature, and therefore, we also sin! The only way we can escape the punishment for our sins is to secure the only qualified lawyer, Jesus, to defend us. Have you ever retained a lawyer for a legal matter? Then I’m sure you also know lawyer services are not cheap; they charge you an arm and a leg, and then some.

I personally know this lawyer, Jesus Christ. He takes care of my spirit-legal issues; He’s amazing. I don’t know what I’d do without Him. He’s kind and loving, dependable and wise. For all that, you’ll expect Him to charge as much as the other lawyers, or maybe more.

However, I can assure you, Jesus pays your debt Himself, instead of charging you. He pays the whole thing, and makes provision for future debts. He does that through His onetime sacrifice (death on a cross), to satisfy the Father’s wrath. I know what I’m talking about, because He’s taken care of mine already; now, I am free: as free as if I’d never sinned. In addition, He’s constantly pleading on my behalf for my present as well as future missteps. Would you like to meet Him?

You might be toiling with the idea, wondering what the punishment would be if you ignored my advice. There’s no need to wonder: I’ll go ahead and tell you. The Bible says, “The person who sins is the one who will die” (Ezekiel 18:20 NLT), and also, “The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23 NLT). When the Bible talks about death, it means eternal separation from God, which also stands for hell. In short, if you choose not to be represented by Jesus, the advocate, you’ve chosen to go to hell when you die. It’s that simple, but sad!

To recap, here are the facts: you’re a sinner whether or not you agree, punishment can be forgiven only if the conditions for forgiveness are met, and finally, only one person qualifies to be your advocate—JESUS! So now would you consider my recommendation? He’s waiting to hear from you and says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me” (John 14:6 NLT).

Please call on Jesus in prayer today; believe in Him, ask Him to forgive your sins, and make you His child. He will: I can attest to that! He will also give you the assurance that your sins have been forgiven, “Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God” (1 John 5:1 NLT); “I am writing to you who are God’s children because your sins have been forgiven through Jesus” (1 John 2:12 NLT), and to assure you that He’ll never bring up your sins again, the Bible says, “ He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west” (Psalm 103:12 NLT). Do you have any idea what that means? He’ll never hold you accountable for them again; your sins will be gone for good!

Please wait no longer; time is running out. Make this decision now, and live with the assurance of eternal life with God in heaven. Although we might never meet here in this life, I look forward to meeting you there. What a wonder this will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment