Tuesday, August 21, 2018

GOD



                Image result for god quotes                          Image result for god

Most people worship a deity they call God, and some like to believe
it is the same God everybody worships, regardless of how. I say it’s
not the same God. How can I tell?

• My God is a triune God, consisting of the Father, the Son
and the Holy Spirit. “Then God said, ‘Let us make man
in our image, in our likeness’’ (Genesis 1:26 NIV).
“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily
form” (Colossians 2:9 NIV).
If you can’t say this about your God, then you have a different one.

• My God became flesh and dwelt among men, in the
person of Jesus Christ. “The word became flesh and made
his dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory
of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of
grace and truth” (John 1:14 NIV).
Is this true of your God?

• My God hates sin, loves the sinner, and so made provision
for sin by dying in the person of Jesus Christ (see John 3:16).
Is this true of your God?

• My God died in the person of Jesus and was buried, but
did not see decay. He rose again on the third day (see Acts 2:31-32).
Is this true of your God?

• My God ascended into heaven forty days after his
resurrection (see Acts 1:3, 9-11).
Can you say that about your God?

• My God is offering salvation to all who will believe in
Jesus, because He said of Him, “This is my Son, whom
I love; with Him I am well pleased. Listen to Him” Matthew 17:5 NIV).
The Son, Jesus, said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one
comes to the Father except through me” John 14:6 NIV).
If your God is not offering salvation, he definitely is not
the God I know.

• My God is coming back to earth in the near future,
and every eye shall see Him. Acts 1:11 Is yours coming
back?
• My God promises life after death. “For the wages of sin
is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus
our Lord” (Romans 6:23 NIV). How about yours?

If any of these truths are not true of your God, then we are not
worshiping the same God. That makes me very concerned about
you, because there is only one God. You might just be trying to
do the best you can, and hoping that in the end, it would turn out
that you’ve been worshiping the One and only true God. That is
a dangerous position to take. Don’t wait to die to discover that
the God you worshiped did not really exist. If your intentions are
to worship the One and only God, the Creator of the universe,
then the only way to Him is through Jesus Christ. Trying to get
to God any other way will not get you there. Why? Because the
Bible says, “God our Savior wants all men to be saved and to
come to the knowledge of the truth; “For there is one God and
one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
who gave Himself as a ransom for all men” (1 Timothy 2:4-6 NIV).

I understand that you might be finding it difficult to admit you’ve
been wrong and you’ve been misled, but it is better to be wrong
now than later. Admit it now, and come to God through Jesus
Christ. Put your faith in Jesus, today! He will save you and give you
the assurance of salvation to put your mind to rest, “I write these
things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God (Jesus) so
that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13 NIV).

Don’t let pride stop you!

No comments:

Post a Comment