Friday, June 2, 2023

THE SAFEST PLACE FOR A CHILD OF GOD

 


When disaster strikes, it is possible to avoid or reduce danger or injury, depending on your location.  For instance, during severe weather, the public is instructed and encouraged to stay indoors, away from windows, and hide in the basement if possible.

For us, the children of God, we mustn’t wait for disaster to strike before looking for cover; we must be in that safe place around the clock. Why, and where is that safe place? That safe place is the center of God’s will, and we need to be there because our enemy, the devil, tries to harm or cause us to disobey our Father every chance he gets.

So, where is the center of God’s will? The center of God’s will is wherever He has instructed you to be at any given time; in other words, living in obedience to Him. Yes, there could be dangers, difficulties, and heartache, but if He put you there, nowhere is more secure. His instructions are backed by His promises, like: “I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you” (Isaiah 46:4); “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you. So we can say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear” (Hebrews 13:5-6). And the Psalmist confidently says: “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me” (Psalm 23:4).

With all these promises and assurances, we must gladly and obediently follow the Lord. And while we are in that safe place, we must keep on the whole armor of God to ensure victory over the enemy (see Ephesians 6:10-17).  

So, is God calling you to a difficult or seemingly impossible task? Claim His promises, trust His wisdom, protection, and provision, and go in His strength to fulfill your duty. When difficulties arise while you are in the center of God’s will, call on and trust Him for victory; He is the only one you can trust to carry you through life’s ups and downs.

 In the end, He will reward you for your obedience: “Well done, my good and faithful servant. … Let’s celebrate together!” (Matthew 25:21). Even so, Lord Jesus, come quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment