Saturday, September 12, 2020

THE GPS COMES TO THE RESCUE

Bible Verse Of The Day- “Your GPS Is Always On” | LSW Ministries "No One  Left Behind"WORD OF GOD - World's First GPS

The other day, I got lost; there’s no other way of saying it. I was on the right road but was going in the wrong direction. Instead of going west, I went east, so I went farther in the opposite direction, which then put me farther away from my intended destination: home. By the time I realized I was going in the wrong direction, it was too late to turn around.

I was on a very long bridge over a body of water, with high volume traffic; I had no idea how to get back, but before I panicked, I remembered I could consult my GPS. So, I did! The GPS (global positioning system) has become nearly every traveler’s assistant. My GPS directed me to the exit I needed to take to get myself headed in the right direction. What a relief that was!

Right there on the road, I got to thinking how people get on the road of life but go in the wrong direction, farther and farther away from the destination they had in mind, or the destination where they’d be safe. I know the destination many people have in mind, but I also know a lot of them will never get there. They are going in the opposite direction, and if they never turn around, they’ll end up at the wrong place.

There are some people who have no idea where they are going; they think life starts and ends, and that’s it. Such people have no destination in mind; they are not striving to get to any place in particular. Eventually, they will end up in a place they will regret with no opportunity to turn around; it will be too late to go back.

The day I got lost, I had a destination in mind, so I sensed right away when I missed my exit. When people have no destination in mind, they’ll have no idea they’re lost. I pulled out my GPS because I knew I was lost. Those who don’t know they are lost will not look for direction; other people will have to tell them they’re lost, and then show them how to turn around and go in the right direction. After they turn around, they can use their GPS to direct them the rest of the way to their new destination. 

Just as I depended on the GPS to find my way, I also depend on the Bible for direction in this life. How about you? The Bible is the Word of God, and can be trusted; it has been proven true, over and over again. If you’ve never trusted it, I invite you to read it and prove it for yourself.

First and foremost, accept the fact that you are a sinner and separated from God. Understand that you enjoy good things in this life because He allows it to rain on both the just and the unjust. In other words, something good happening to you is not an indication that all is well between you and God. Second, understand that if you remain separated from God for the rest of this life, you will be eternally separated from Him after this life as well.

Many people assume they’ll go to heaven when they die; they don’t know one does not just go to heaven. There are requirements to be met, but many, know nothing about that. Many think if they’re good enough, they’ll go to heaven, but how do they measure enough? The Bible says, “Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it” (Ephesians 2:9).

Did you know there are requirements to get into heaven? What are they? Have you fulfilled them? Jesus told Nicodemus, a Jewish religious leader: “Unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God” (John 3:3). In other words, you have to be born again in order to go to heaven. And if you are like Nicodemus, you’re probably wondering, “What does that mean?” Here’s the answer: “Anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment” (John 3:36).

Jesus, the Son of God, died in our place to pay for our sins; if you put your faith in Him, He will forgive you and make you a new person. That’s what it means to be born again: “Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17) Just as the GPS directed me, the Bible will direct all those who come to faith in Jesus. The Word of God renews our mind, enabling us to live godly lives. God’s plan is for us to be as holy as He is; living according to the Bible gradually transforms us into His image.

Dear Christian, if you ever help someone to get on the right path, please make sure you emphasize the use of the Bible, our spiritual GPS, to navigate the remainder of their journey. Without the direction of the Bible, we will miss our way and have difficulty getting back on the path. 

The GPS is your guide, Use it confidently!

No comments:

Post a Comment