Tuesday, July 29, 2014

ABSOLITELY NOT!



It is very comforting to know, and also to always remember that God is in charge at all times; He is on duty – 24/7.  Nothing happens to us by chance; everything that comes our way goes through His hands.  The devil engineers problems from time to time as he did with Job, “Does Job fear you for nothing? … But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face” (Job 1:9-11).  God agreed for him to bring calamity after calamity into Job’s life, but only to a limit, “… but on the man himself do not lay a finger” (Job 1:12b), and he couldn’t.  The devil does not succeed when God says to him, “Absolutely Not.”
Whatever God allows, He also gives us the strength and grace to bear.  I have had issues I did not understand, and still don’t understand, but God knows all about it and has given me grace to bear. In addition, He intercedes for me, and has charged many others to pray for me and to encourage me.
What does the future hold for me?  I have no idea, but this I know, God will not allow me to be stretched beyond measure, beyond my ability to bear!
What would you consider ‘Beyond Measure”?  There is nothing like “Beyond Measure” in God’s vocabulary, because when troubles increase, His grace abounds even more.  When He allows it to happen, He also enables us; He makes a way!  He gives grace in proportion to our troubles, and when appropriate, He will either say to the devil, “Enough” or “Absolutely Not.”
The apostle Paul explained to the Corinthian Church how much trouble he and his team mates had faced in Asia.  He made it clear that their troubles were beyond their own ability to bear, but it was so that they’d depend on God (2 Cor 1:8-10).  When the apostle Paul had the thorn in his side and desired healing, God said to him, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness” (2 Cor 12:9).
Whatever you are going through, remember, God is not asleep on the job, He is not out of town, He is not blind or deaf; He is in control, and knows exactly when to say to the enemy, “Enough” or “Absolutely Not.”  Be encouraged.  Your troubles will foster your dependence upon God, demonstrate God’s strength, and encourage others to trust Him.    

Pearl Nsiah-Kumi,  RN, CRNC

No comments:

Post a Comment