Saturday, August 15, 2020

A LOST SHEEP'S PSALM

I am a sheep, and by nature, very dumb,

I know when I am hungry, thirsty and tired,

But don’t know how to get these needs met.

I know I don’t want to be prey to the wildlife out there,

But don’t know how to keep me safe.

Sometimes I am afraid and tired,

But have no idea how or where to find rest.

 Oh, somebody, HELP ME!

 Wait: I just realized what I need: a caretaker, a shepherd! A shepherd knows all the things I need, and he has the resources and the ability to provide them.    

This Shepherd found me when I was lost, wandering, and without hope. I wasn’t even aware of my condition. How sad: to be lost and not know it!

He took me into His loving sheepfold and made me one of His own. Now I am His forever; I’ve finally found love and a sense of belonging.

Ever since He brought me into the fold, things have changed drastically: He’s given me many marvelous promises, and the assurance I never had and never realized I needed. He’s promised I’ll belong to Him forever; no one can ever snatch me from His hands. I feel so secure in His care because He never slumbers nor falls asleep; my waking moments are just as safe as the moments when I’m asleep.

My loving Shepherd guides and leads me so I don’t wander away, but if I recklessly do, He comes looking for me and brings me back home safely. My Shepherd is an amazing Provider; He answers before I call, and while I’m still speaking, He hears. Talk about being loved! He’s even promised blessings when I obey Him. He doesn’t have to do that; after all, I belong to Him and all I have belongs to Him as well. Wow!  

Are you a lost sheep? Then you need my Shepherd; I know what your life has been like because I’ve been there. My Shepherd has so much room in the sheepfold; there’s room for you, and as many as know they need a Shepherd. Call on Him today, and He will bring you in, provide for you, and keep you safe. The longer you wait out there, the longer it will take to find rest and comfort -- or you might not find it at all. 

I know As long as I live, He will pursue me with His unfailing love, in all situations, and at the end, He’ll bring me safely home to live with Him forever! I encourage you to come to Jesus today; He is the great Shepherd of the sheep! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment